Some famous and not so famous horse quotes
Following is a list of horse quotes you may find fun to read. If you have any more, feel free to let us know and we will add them to the list…,
Horse Quotes NEW!
• The horse is God's gift to man.
• Look back on our struggle for freedom, trace our present day's strength to its source, and you will find the man's pathway to glory is strewn with the bones of a horse.
• All good cowgirls keep their calves together.
• A Cowgal is a better looking cowboy with brains.
• In riding a horse we borrow freedom.
• When riding my horse I no longer have my heart in my chest, but between my knees.
Horse Quotes #1
• The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.
• My boyfriend told me to pick between him and the horse. I better go get my saddle.
• This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.
• Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
• A man may well bring a horse to water but he cannot make him drink.
• You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something!
• When you’re young and you fall off a horse, you may break something. When you’re my age, you splatter.
• Few girls are as well shaped as a good horse.
• I ride horses because it’s the only sport where I can exercise while sitting down.
• The riding of young horses is an excellent nerve tonic.
Horse Quotes #2
• In Westerns you were permitted to kiss your horse, but never your girl.
• All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife.
• Keep five yards from a carriage, ten yards from a horse and a hundred yards from an elephant. But the distance one should keep from a wicked man cannot be measured.
• The word “Chivalry” is derived from the French Cheval, a horse.
• There’s nothing in life that’s worth doin if it can’t be done from a horse.
• Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
• Ride the horse in the direction it’s going.
• Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
• Take most people, they’re crazy about cars. I’d rather have a goddamn horse. A horse is at least human, for God’s sake.
• One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.
• How do you catch a loose horse? Make a sound like a carrot.
• Experienced riders are not prone to brag. And usually newcomers, if they start out being boastful, end up modest.
• I guess all songs is folk songs. I never heard no horse sing ‘em.
• It’s not his fault that he’s the rear end of a pantomime horse.
• Alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.
Horse Quotes #3
• I’d horsewhip you if I had a horse.
• For the want of a nail, the shoe was lose; for the want of a shoe the horse was lose; and for the want of a horse the rider was lost, being overtaken and slain by the enemy, all for the want of care about a horseshoe nail.
• Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.
• May your belly never grumble.., May your heart never ache.., May your horse never stumble.., May your cinch never break.
• Keep one leg on one side, the other leg on the other side and your mind in the middle.
• A horse is the projection of peoples’ dreams about themselves – strong, powerful, beautiful – and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.
• Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
• We ought to do good to others as simply as a horse runs, or a bee makes honey, or a vine bears grapes season after season without thinking of the grapes it has borne.
• I prefer a bike to a horse. The brakes are more easily checked.
• If an ass goes travelling he will not come home a horse.
• Want to end up with a million bucks in the horse business? Start out with five million.
• I thought that the chief thing to be done in order to equal boys was to be learned and courageous. So I decided to study Greek and learn to manage a horse.
• When they lay me down to rest put my spurs and rope upon my chest. Get my friends to carry me and then go turn my horses free.
• A cowboy is man with guts and a horse.
• When a horse dies, dismount.